2010-03-14

From Big Mac to Oranges

This morning, when I was shopping for food, the term inflation and deflation came to my mind.

In "Economist", they have the indicator to measure how much a Big Mac costs in different country - for me, I think I can measure the dollar value when I buy the oranges.

I remember once a housewife asked a man what did deflation/inflation meant, the guy explained well, he told her that when your same amount of money could not get the same quantity of items, your money deflated.

It is exactly what I am facing when I buy oranges - before I could buy 6 oranges per 10 dollars, but recently, for 11 dollars, I can only get 4 oranges.

We are going to face inflaction, and our money deflats.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

A tiny dust in the universe.