2010-03-14

People Who Care

My college life was simple, basically, work and study occupied most of my time.

However, the Friday night 's movies and the Saturday afternoon visits organised by "People Who Care" were my favorite activities.

"People Who Care" usually coordinated some visits to the elderly homes, orphanage houses, or retarded children centers in Saturday afternoon.

We needed not to be committed with the group - that meant no membership or registration was needed. All we needed was to show care and share our love with the people over there.

Therefore, whenever I had time, I would enjoyed my Saturday brunch, and be ready before 1PM, then join the activities - I usually could come back before 5 or 6PM, to start my weather observer job.

The student organiser would arrange the van, and after we met in front of CPO, the student driver drove us to the destination place. The places usually were within 25-30 miles, so it didn't take long time to reach there.

It also gave me some experience of seeing people outside campus. The first few times, I was unfamiliar of the people and did not know what I should do. However, the coordinator Susan was very familiar with the places and she could communicate with the elderly or the children easily.

The people over there usually were excited to see us, and always asked us why it took so long to visit them - actually, we had several places to visit, we could not go to one place every week.

Whenever we visited them, we also brought them snacks and happiness, we chatted with them or played games with the kids, and the time usually flied. They appreciated a lot of our visits.

I usually felt good after the Saturday visit and I found my time was well-spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

A tiny dust in the universe.