2010-03-14

Sick Sack - Turkey Sandwich

For me, when I was in Berea, I didn't like the Sunday dinner at all.

I ate in food service for all my meals, however, it closed on Sunday afternoon.

Food service offered a big lunch on Sunday - then each of us would get a brown paper bag - we called sick sack - inside we usually had a turkey sandwich, a small bag of chocolate chips,an apple, a bag of potato chips.

One can image, like most of my American buddies, we ate a lot under the buffet meals - for Sunday, the quantity was so small, and it was cold meal.

Therefore most of the students would ordered pizza for a hot dinner ( for one big pizza, it was about 10 dollars).

For the foreign students, money was an issue, therefore, in addition of the cold sandwich, I usually cooked my Ramen noodles (20cents/bag) - sometimes we also saved the food in food service during the Sunday lunch.

For some African students , they cooked rice, and they bought the meat from the supermarket (my first roommate did so in my first year).

Well, this was part of the college life - one had to find the way to feed him/herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

A tiny dust in the universe.