2010-03-21

Consumer Behaviour

Sometimes, end of the day, my brain does not come with me when I am shopping in the wet market.

I think the shop vendors are clever on setting their price ( make it difficult for consumers to compare) , for example, for the similar product , among the neighbouring vendores, some set the price by pound, some by catty - my god - I don't want to make the calcuation - e.g. once I bought the dates - one sold 10 dollars 4 ounces, one sold 3 dollars a ounce - I didn't know why, I bought the 3 dollars a ounce, for 4 ounces - they were the same !!

Like today, I bought the fruit - in an unfamiliar place, I asked the vendors to get one pound of fruit, and I asked her to choose the nice one for me, as I had too many things in hands, the owner handed me two pounds, was thinking I may not finish the fruit and it would spoil, but still the vendor forced me to take all.

Then when I was home - I discovered one third of the fruit was not in good shape - I think the owner was so so, I would not buy from her in future - this is another application of game theory - I lost this time, but I will not lose in future - she loses !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

A tiny dust in the universe.