2010-03-14

博弈策略 Game Theory

33個博弈哲學 周耀童 

 博弈論的詭計:日常生活中的博弈策略 王春永 

 Game theory is always my favorite subject. If I have the chance to go for my PHD, I would love to study more about this subject. Actually, I have plenty of books in this subject in my collection, since my room is full of books, I am quitting to buy books unless the book is really a good one. (As a result, my shopping habit is on food now!) Basically, I borrow books from the public library, and I think it is very good, since I know some books I would never buy - may be just for fun, but I can still borrow it and read it. I read the above two books recently. I was attracted by the names of the books - the first one is published by Taiwan, easy reading, while the second one is in simplified Chinese, a little bit hard to read. 

However, I was kind of disappointed by the first one, since I found several mistakes, and one mistake was the concept/theory. When I was about one half of the book, I read a lady handwriting note in pencil at the top of one page, I believed that it should be by previous reader - it defined what is marginal cost ( additional cost derived by an additional unit of output). I tried to follow the author's concept - and I found out that he mixed up with the concept of costs - transaction cost, opportunity cost and marginal cost. Then, with my believes, I continued to finish the book, still I can definitely conclude that he mixed up with the marginal cost in the book, and with several mistakes on the books, I can only conclude that this book is so so - still there are good examples of application of theories. 

However, I would not buy this book for my collection. For the second one, I almost finish one half of the book, there are a lot of analysis on Chinese stories - like the wars in the old times, how different countries made the decisions and how the results came out. Interesting to know that wisdom of game does not come from the western, but in old ancient Chinese kingdom. 

  Some theories to be remembered: 

  **Relative is more important than absolute (the strongest may be the one who is the weakness as it is vulnerable to attack - everyone would consider to attack the strongest first); 

 **We are not living alone, so whenever we make decision, we need to consider outside factors, for example, the decision made by our partners or enemies; 

 ** Losing at the beginning does not mean forever - we should plan our strategies for long term. 

** Don't forget the opportunity cost !!






















No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

A tiny dust in the universe.