2010-02-21

Additional Service and Target Selling

Sunday morning, close to noon time, went to buy fresh pork meat in the wet market; business was slow, as a result of the spring festival holidays, there were still plenty of fresh meat over there.

To my surprise, the assistant was very nice and he offered to help me to cut the meat into small pieces, which usually he did not do this and I need to do it at home, wasting 10-15 minutes.

While I was waiting for the additional service - with his quick cutting skills,he promoted the heart of the pig for me, and he said that it tasted good, in addition, he could help me to cut it into small pieces, all I needed was to wash it and cook it freshly!

Few times, I bought what he recommended. As per his experience, he knew I would consider too.

But this time, I denied as I think I should stick with what I want, not the food that I don't want.

He could not complete the sale of the proposed item, still, I enjoyed the additional service for cutting the meat into small pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

A tiny dust in the universe.