2010-02-20

The Joy from Geology Club Activities

I love collecting rocks, it is kind of natural materials, and from them, we can learn that there were a lot of evolutions in past.

I got the chance to join the College Geology Club, through Angela's introduction, thought I didn't take any course with Dr. L, I got the chance to meet him, and he did encourage me to join the club ( I liked to stop by his office to visit him when I was free, for I worked in the Science Building every afternoon).

There were really plenty wonderful moment with the outings and field trips - I went out a lot of carving, observing different natural rocks and stones. We went out to AK, NY, TN... Lots of good memories.

I remember one trip to Niagara Falls - it made me to meet my high school buddy. It was really mysterious to me, we didn't plan at all, and she was living in Germany at that time. That was Spring Break time, and there was a field trip to NY and Toronto with the Club.

By the time we took photo in front of the Fall in US side, a Chinese girl came forward and said "Could I join?" I was really surprised. It was her!!!! My high school buddy.

Two different people lived in different places and met in one place that nobody knew in advance of the trip.

I told my team members that my school buddy and I didn't know each of us made the trip to NY, and we did meet.

It was unbelievable thing in my life!!!

There were also plenty of things I learned from the Club - Dr. L always told me that I should trust myself, and be attention of every thing around.

It was him that I got the courage to play the game - using the rope and hike down 4 stories height and moving around inside the dirty caves, to explore different scenery.

He told me he always picked up treasuries on the floor - be attentive!

During one trip, several of us teased on him and put a coin somewhere, and tried to observe him to find out and pick it up. It was very funny, he did!!!

At the beginning, he was excited, but later on, he was a little bit mad when we told him the whole story - we did apology.

Well, all these be part of my study life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

A tiny dust in the universe.