2010-02-20

Lift in Public Facility

In a public facility, I was in a hurry, I pressed the button up and waited, once the lift opened, I immediately entered, but not the other people who had also been waiting.

When I was in the lift, looking outside, a little boy looked at me curiously.

Then the lift closed, I was sent to the basement.

That means the lift was going down, I understand why the boy was puzzled.

Few seconds later, the lift stopped again on the ground floor, and some other people came in, including the little boy.

I needed to go up, but I wasted the time (not me, I believe all the people waiting to go up too) went downstairs instead - obviously, that was not I wanted - I didn't realise that the lift was operating a task which didn't make sense at all. Only the up button was pressed, and the lift was going down, it still wasted the time to open the lift by the way going down.

From this little story, I think facility controllers did not use the heart to work, nor they did not use the view point of the passengers - save time - as they didn't make the lift intelligent enough to suit the needs of the people.

Most of the lifts can check the signals- either up or down, by the way they go to the direction up, if the signal up is pressed on certain floors, the lift should stop on that floor on the way up, to pick up the passengers.

If the signal of down is received, but the lift is going up, it should not stop on the floor, by doing so, it can save the time of operation, and the time of the people waiting for the lift.

This is only minor thing, but I think by improving minor things, our life can be better!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

A tiny dust in the universe.