2010-02-15

Fire Drill Practice

It was held almost once in every month in our dorm, we didn't know the time, but when we heard the alarm, we were required to stop whatever we were doing - sleeping, eating, studying, taking shower or bathing, we needed to open our room doors and immediately walked down the floor, and went out of the building.

The dorm staff would check the rooms and be sure all the students observed the rules. She might open the room to make sure no people staying in the room.

This was a very straught rule of staying in the dorm, we needed to pay attention of the alarm - we didn't know what and when it would happen, when the alarm on, we needed to be alert!

If we failed to do so, we would be punished, and paid a fine of USD50, I remember none of the students in the dorm failed to do so.

After the checking by the dorm staff, we might go back to our rooms to continue our routine/studies.

Sometimes, it was really unpleasant, e.g. once I met the fire drill practice when I was taking the shower, that meant I needed to put the dress on and got out of the building immediately, that 's why, sometimes, I would wait after midnight to take the shower, when I knew that it was  about the days for the regular fire drill practice.


The special one was in my Senior year. When we were having the last class before exam in Drapper, we heard the sound of the fire alarm - it was very strange, ususally we had fire drill practice in dorm buildings but not the office building.. By hearing the fire alarm sound, we felt very strange, still, we left immmediately out of the building.

After leaving th building, we were told that there was a dangerous man from outside entered Drapper, he had a gun!!!

In my four-year campus life, I learned to be alert and aware of the fire alarm, it gave me the signal and need to find the way out. From now on, no matter what, I am a person with good attention on the fire alarm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

A tiny dust in the universe.