2010-02-20

Chinese NY Dinner offered by Mrs. Hutchison

Who was Mrs. Hutchison? I received an invitation card to visit her home and had a Chinese New Year Dinner. Where was her home? How to go there?

I was puzzled by the time I checked out the card through my CPO.

Later on, through another junior Chinese student, I got the answer.

She was the previous college President 's wife - she has been living in China for sometimes and she loved to take care of students from China.

Our library is in name of her husband 's family name.

It was her tradition to invite the Chinese students for CNY dinner during their first year in Berea.

It ended up I, with the other Chinese students, visited her and her grandson Robert for a wonderful Chinese dinner, she cooked very nice food - I still remember the chicken with Chinese mushroom.

Her house was not big, but simple and elegant, she was old at that time, Robert helped her a lot, but she lived alone.

She put all the dished with the nice Chinese porcelain, it made me feel good for celebrating my first CNY in her house - appreciated a lot of her kind offers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

A tiny dust in the universe.