2010-02-20

C's Bridal Shower

It was the spring time of my senior year, I received an invitation card from C. It was a Bridal Shower Party. C and J were going to get marry the time around our graduation day.

It was a piece of good news for me, and I was very excited for I never got the chance to experience the US style wedding, as well as the Bridal Shower Party.

After asking, I went down to Old Town Berea, to find out the gift idea, I finally bought a special pan for flying breakfast egg for them!!!!

It was good memory, to share her college romance and the preparation of her wedding.

Because my trip to SF was close to the graduation day, as well as their wedding day, I didn't officially participate the whole wedding and the reception, I did stop by to say hi and took a photo in Fireside room of Draper.

This became my memories - I am the witness of this lucky couples, I still keep in touch with C, and I hope one day, I can see their lovely daughter, not in the photo,




Wiki's definition.

A bridal shower is a gift-giving party held for a bride-to-be in anticipation of her wedding. The custom originated in the 1890s and is today most common in the United States, Canada, and by American influence, in Australia. Showers are usually coordinated by the brides family who invite guests to offer gifts for the upcoming home of the bride and groom as a married couple (or more accurately of the bride, since the groom is very seldom invited to the shower). The history of the custom is rooted not necessarily for the provision of goods for the upcoming matrimonial home, but to provided goods and financial assistance to ensure the wedding may take place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

A tiny dust in the universe.