2010-02-20

The Joy of Spring Festival

Saturday afternoon, the weather starts to be warmer, with the sunshine, it 's the time for outdoor activity.

I passed by the Lou Lim Ieoc Garden and saw the advertising of the exhibition of Lunar New Year Traditions of Yunnan and Jiangxi Provinces, thus, entered into the Garden to take a look.

It was nice that I stopped by the exhibition, I could see some folk arts from the two Provinces. They are colorful and energetic, and I am amazed that I can be inspired by their unique and creative arts, through their costumes, dyed embroidery, musical instruments, kitchen and dinning ware, Dongba paintings, wooden sculptures, puppets, embroidery, weaved bamboo strips, costumes, instruments and paper cuttings.

Though this is only a small exhibition, it is worth to teach the younger generation to learn the Chinese cultures. The exhibition will be ended on 3 March 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

A tiny dust in the universe.