2009-11-21

Food

We live to eat or we eat to live??

Eating is an important daily activity to human being.

As quality of life improves, people would like to eat healthily and therefore buy expensive and nutritious food.

Yesterday, heard from TV that there are many farm lands which are under cultivated in Africa, that means the supply is going to be behind of our demand.

It seems to me, China may have this problem as many country people would like to go to the cities to work, in order to get a better life.

Do we realise of this? The supply of food is decreasing.

I have experience seeing people spending thousands of dollars for a luxury business banquet in restaurant in Beijing, and wasted a lot of food on the table.

I do know some people are hungry and lack of sufficient nutritious in the remote and under developing area in mainland China.

I always feel bad when people waste food, as I know there are many people they do not have the chance to eat, while we have the food, we should precious them.

When I was working in the restaurant in college, I learned that many Americans would bring their left over with them, I think it is a good habit.

For the Chinese, it is another story, we usually think that it is not good looking. We should change our mind-set.

I also realise that for the large restaurants, food service, food provider (for airlines, hospitals, schools, factories), they usually waste a lot of food, for they need to have a good control of the supply, to make sure enough food be given to the clients.

I think their management should find a solution, to minimise the waste and also make the operations more economically.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

A tiny dust in the universe.