2009-11-02

2005 Dream Vacation Journal - 1

Arrival in Beijing
May 27,2005, Friday

Today is the first day of my vacation, the weather is not good, as a result of the heavy rain in the early morning. I am glad that I take the plane from Macao to Beijing, instead of the Zhuhai to Beijing.

As today is not the weekend, there are not many people check-in at the airport, and I can finish the check-in in a very short time. At the same time, as I know my credit card can entitle me to enter into the business lounge, I take the chance to have a rest there, have snacks, read newspaper and also check my mails – so good.

My plane is scheduled to leave for Beijing at noon, however, as the weather is not good, the plane is delayed for 45 minutes. The food in the plane is in very small portion, and I find myself hungry, I wish I should have taken more food in the business lounge.

Plane arrives Beijing at 3:45, it is also a slow afternoon in Beijing airport, there is no people on the queue, and I can finish the immigration in an exceptionally fast speed. When I walk out the reception area, I can see a girl and a guy holding a piece of paper with my name on it, I walk towards them and we introduce each other. The girl is Danny and the boy is Tou. We find seats and I rest a little bit as they say another volunteer is coming within one hour or so, we can join together to go to the hostel. For them, they also have to wait for two more people coming from States in the late evening. We chat a little bit and familiar with ourselves.

Finally, John arrives, from US, and Danny takes two of us to catch the airport shuttle bus to our hostel.

As our hostel is far away from the stop of the airport shuttle, we need to get a taxi to reach there, however, it is very difficult to get taxi, and John and I have to carry our big suitcase to walk a long way to catch the taxi.

By the time, we arrive hostel, it is almost 7pm, John and I are very hungry. We rest a little bit, and Danny takes us out for dinner, the first meal in Beijing is Dumping. The shop is quite close to our hostel. In the same street,there are several grocery and food stores. The dumplings are only so so. After the dinner, it is almost 9pm.

The place we stay is a dormitory for the foreign students of the Beijing
Education School. There are several buildings, and we stay in the east wing. At the entrance, there is the office, and opposite the office, there is a computer room, with Internet access.

My room is at the end of the hall-way, and I have a double-bed room, but I don’t know when my roommate is coming, The room is clean and comfortable, with TV and private bath-room. The hot shower is very nice, especially after the long day.

The day is long, but I am excited to be here. I appreciate the chance very much, for I know I am lucky to get to know Dream Corps end of April, when I planned my vacation.

However, I am scared for I don’t know whether I can make the trip or not, as negative comments such as the trip will be very harsh, living condition is not suitable for people from city.

Nevertheless, I will try my best to make my dream come true.

Life is actually full of challenges and when we are in a well, we can see only tiny sky.

As a result, I should set myself a goal and make myself to reach the goal, it is like a dream but a dream that can come true one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

A tiny dust in the universe.