2009-11-02

2005 Dream Vacation Journal - 3

May 29, 2005, Sunday

Wake up early but stay on bed until 8, for I know I don’t have to go out to get food for my breakfast. After breakfast, I go to class for the training sessions.

The first session is a headmaster of a primary school for migrant workers in Beijing. He shares his experience to us.

The second one is a student, who spent one year ‘s time to stay in a village to have community building and conducting research.

Her advice is that be humble and considerate, people from cities should not be superior, we should live, eat and work as the local people over there, in order to merge into their community. In addition, we should allow the local people to discover themselves what do they need, to identify their own needs.

Next speaker is professor Ho, actually, she helps a lot for organizing the trip for our team, and we get the chance to talk to her, after her lectures.

For lunch, we have dumplings – from the restaurant I had on my first day of arrival. It is a little bit strange, eating dumplings in classroom ^:^.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

A tiny dust in the universe.