2009-11-01

The Chinese Hotpot 打邊爐

Saturday night, just want to eat out. I was thinking what is good for dinner.

Passed by the Thai noodle shop, the soup really smells good, but didn't want to have such simple meal for my Saturday dinner.

I am a big eater, I like buffet very much, as I can take my time, have my own choice, and no need to worry about what my friends' choices or my preference..... and most of all, the price is fixed. So good!!

Just think of tiny Macau, what a wonderful city!! We can have many choices of eating out - Chinese, Portuguese, Macanese, Shanghaiese, Vietnamese, Thai, Japanese, Spanish, Italian, French.....a lot of options, and one can also choose according to his or her budget.

I like to eat in different kinds of restaurants and to taste new food. To enjoy the delicious food is a way of learning different cultures, it also makes me have the cosmopolitan feels........

Ended up to have the Chinese hotpot. The Chinese Restaurant is a very famous one for the hotpot. The food is pretty fresh and clean (at least I have no problem for my stomach), but the service was so so ( may be they were busy at earlier evening) and the environment is fair. Late Saturday night was not busy, for it was Halloween, people would go to eat in western restaurant and have parties there.

Actually, it took about 20 minutes' to bring the food on the table, though the portion was not big, even though the vegetables, all were in small portion but they were very fresh, I enjoyed them, but the dipping sauce was so so. ......

Then when I re-ordered, it took longer time. Second time, I ordered three kinds of food, one portion of pork liver was delivered after a long time. The other two kinds of food even did not show up. When I checked with the waiters, they said my choices were sold out.

Overall, I think the price was still acceptable - for it was MOP65 per person, with unlimited order ( I ordered twice), within two hours from 9:30. However, I still had to pay the service charge and the unreasonable charge for the tissue etc. The other promotion drink I got - and sweet and sour plum juice, good and fresh too, at MOP18 only.

From this meal, I can learn from the business man's strategy, the selling point is fresh food. In order to control the quality of food, and do not waste the stocks, they offer standard price meal after the regular meal hours.

They can make sure that majority of the daily food can be gone before end of the day, therefore they target to certain kind of budget customers , who can still enjoy the fresh food for the hotpot, with absence of some kinds of hot choices.

At the same time, I think "the food is sold out" may be valid for the second order only, this is my personal feeling!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

A tiny dust in the universe.